The Buddha also weeps! - Zen is this!

 After plumvillageindia news of vesak 2022, the community practicing mindfulness near Mysore, is back to life. On the traditions of Thich Nhat Hanh with basics of nonviolance, compassion, (ahimsa and karuna) retreats have begun. This WordPress site is a practicing center, a true home away from home. A monastery as well as a short stay place. 

Here is a dharma talk by Br.Ranga Nath Master, on zen 

  When the forty year old Dharmaiah aliyas darmya was brought to my hospital with a complaint of severe depression, after a thorough examination  I decided that he be sent to live with  an old meditation master, who alone was capable of giving Darmya what he really needs: Love and compassion!

The old master also felt relieved because he got a supporting hand to assist him. He taught Darmya how to cook rice, wash vessels and work in garden without falling into habituation of weeping. 

An year later I happened to  see Darmya and I was taken by surprise to see a transformed fellow full of vitality and no trace of depression. So,  he must have stopped crying by now, I thought. "What about your weeping, do you still cry?" I asked him. 

"How can I stop crying and weeping Sir, it is in my blood and bones!" he said. "But now, I weep differently. The Master has taught me a lesson; There are actually two darmyas, one big Darmya and another small damya. The small one weeps and the big one watches him with love. Slowly he goes to sleep, and I get back to my work".

This, I could understand, because it is Buddhist teaching, known to me. But I was taken by a 400volt shock, by what Darmya, told later.

"Sir, even the big master also cries, occassionally he wets his eyes, drops a few tear drops and wipes. He keeps telling himself, 'yes yes, Ok, Ok, its Ok Kassapa' he keeps murmuring. And then he takes the bell and sits in a stable posture for some time. He will be alright in a short time.

"So, While there is a Buddha in each one of us, there is a human being also in each one of us." I thought. 






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making people follow rules: Zen thoughts

YOU STAND ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET

You can not understand Zen